Saturday, January 19, 2008

A Flower In The Garden Of Ruins

There’s a pain so deep
I only reach it in my sleep
There’s a space so wide
can’t see the other side
There’s no peace I can find
ifrom ground zero to the edges of time
>
I ignored all the things I knew were true…

I waited for answers from above
I waited for answers deep inside
iI stepped away and invited
both of those worlds to collide
Her words roll in like the tide
Finding me in every place I try to hide…
there’s a pain so deep
I can’t reach it anymore

can’t pull it out, look it in the face
Or show it the door
I heard music softly playing
jI remembered all the words of the song
only then did i realize i was standing
in a place I didn’t belong…
I pray for the time
when twisted words will all rhyme
when I find what i thought was lost
when I pay up no matter what the cost
a time to yield power
a time to heal wounds
a time to find a flowerbr />n the garden of ruins

No comments: