Saturday, January 19, 2008

The Jesus Dream

initial hesitation, patience torn
extended arm, worn in contradiction
blind renditions for a blue-eyed lady
now fading...withdrawn in attendance
shutters blinking...timed weary
balloons sinking
sinking and still...

now that I'm floating above the room
am I here too late or gone too soon ?
where the pop-cycles are in bloom

I felt the sun and it was cold
I saw the young and they were old
closing my eyes, I found a light
letting go, I took the flight

family faces call my name
every question is answered
every answer explained...
eternity awaits me across the stream
is this heaven, or the Jesus dream?

am I tucked in some corner of the universe
or right here in my head ?
where white feathers crash to the ground
and I can feel the color of sound

I watched my soul burn like the sun
I saw the old and they were young
opening my eyes, I found the night
back to the world of black and white
the journey lasted the length of my scream
one second is forever.. in the Jesus dream

No comments: