Saturday, January 19, 2008

The Maze

watching the ocean, staring at waves
there's no way of knowing your way in the maze
I started my journey with time to decide
when and where I was going
on the narrow and wide...
I looked out for danger, I did what I could
but now I'm a stranger
in my own neighborhood
watching the ocean, staring at waves
there's no way of knowing your way in the maze

the cold nights have hidden
the whites of their eyes
where love is forbidden
is where all hope dies...
if you're wearing confusion
you are never alone
don't believe the illusion
you're any closer to home

I was a good boy, I followed the rules
but now I'm the captain
on this ship of fools
lost on the ocean, riding the waves
there's no way of knowing your way from the maze
I picked up my memories and started to run
but the road only led me back where I had begun
there are walls all behind me
and I'm walking in a daze
if I fall you will find me
alone in the maze

No comments: