Saturday, January 19, 2008

Nicki

I'm not there mami...I'm not there

you won't find me in a sad moment
you won't find me in your tears
you won't find me in despair
or your darkest fears

you won't find me in questions unanswered
you won't find me in pain or doubt
you won't find me in loneliness
or the things you can't figure out

I am in the smile that remembers me
I have become the love you gave me
I am the the soft rain of summer
I am the tree turning colors
I am the wind behind your back
and the woman you will always wonder

I am the blood running in your veins
I am the little girl in your dreams
I am the memory that takes you back
and the smile that always remains

I am the sun rising every morning
I am a light that never goes dark
I am every wave hitting the shore
I am in every beat of your heart

I am here in my Father's home
where every second has a life of it's own
and I am always beside you...
there are no steps you take alone

I am there mami...I am there

No comments: